Windy City Contractors can help protect your investment.
Your siding is one of the most important parts of your home. Even though your home will appreciate in value over time, if your siding is not up to par, this will negatively impact the entire look of home exteriors and feel of your property. Installing high-quality vinyl siding to your new home or replacing the siding on an older home are excellent ways to freshen the appearance of your house, cut down on your energy costs, and create a more protective and comfortable living space for you and your family.
If you are thinking about high-quality vinyl siding installation, contact the home exteriors experts at Windy City Roofing & Siding Contractors. Proper siding installation is critical to your home's appearance, energy costs, and longevity.
Windy City Roofing & Siding Contractors is a leading name in high-quality vinyl siding and home exterior industry and can help you determine if new siding is needed for your home.
Making an Informed Decision about the Different Types of High-Quality Vinyl Siding for Your Home
Oftentimes, high-quality vinyl siding is the most noticeable visual on most homes. This is logical, as siding occupies more square footage of a home's exterior than any other home exterior product. Originally, siding was available only in wood.
Then in the 1950's, aluminum siding came into the marketplace. Aluminum siding became the hottest thing in many housing markets, particularly in the Chicago metropolitan area. However, there are severe disadvantages to aluminum siding.
- Aluminum siding is a metal that is painted. This leads to paint fading and paint being scratched off the siding from contact with foreign objects (i.e. furniture, tree limbs, bicycles, toys, pets, rocks and other debris being thrown up by lawnmowers, snowblowers and strong winds).
- As a metal, aluminum takes on the temperature qualities of the outside environment. In the summer, the hot siding fights indoor air-conditioning; and in the winter the cold siding fights indoor heat.
- Aluminum siding is a very rigid product, therefore a great deal of caulk has to be used to seal cracks and gaps-- caulk deteriorates over time and must be re-applied or replaced completely. These last two points contribute to energy loss and higher energy bills for homeowners.
- Lastly aluminum siding, due to its rigid makeup, is very susceptible to dents-- particularly from hail.
Fortunately, homeowner insurance policies provide coverage for hail damage to aluminum siding. Many homeowners are unaware that they have been paying for this coverage in their regular homeowner insurance premiums since they purchased their home.
The concerns with aluminum siding augmented the development of the high-quality vinyl siding industry. Vinyl siding has continuously been refined and improved to become the preferred siding in today's marketplace.
High quality vinyl siding is less susceptible to environmental temperature than aluminum. It is pliable enough that it does not dent, is guaranteed not to split, crack, or chip; is guaranteed against color-fading, as the color mold injected process places the siding color throughout the material; and its nature allows it to be manufactured to more exacting standards-- thus eliminating the need for large amounts of caulk and providing better insulation properties.
Today, high-quality vinyl siding is by far the most popular choice for home exteriors for Chicago area homeowners-- and for good reason.
The Windy City high-quality siding installation team has received extensive training and certifications in the installation of various types of siding. Our home exteriors team is experienced and highly proficient in installing the following types of siding:
- Premium Vinyl
- James Hardie Fiber Cement
- LP (Louisiana Pacific) Diamondkote engineered wood
James Hardie and LP are great products and provide an excellent return on your investment. While vinyl siding is very popular, LP Diamondkote and James Hardie are increasing their share of the market- and for good reasons. They are highly desirable, very durable, provide superb aesthetics, and significantly increase your home's resale value.
Windy City Roofing & Siding Contractors Can Provide You With More Information on High Quality Vinyl Siding
For more information, please give us a call at 847.549/3731 or fax us at 847.549.3732 or contact us here for a free consultation. Thank you.
Get your free inspection today!
Call TODAY for a free estimate or to schedule a time for an inspection.